Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Week Nine / Day Three

Today went fairly well, as I got a few small things that were bugging me taken care of. A few of these were issues my stepdad had. First of all, he said the buttons were too hard to see, so now instead of just outlines in the corners they are filled in. In my opinion it doesn't look very good and needs some playing with to fit better, but I suppose it does make for an easier gaming experience, although it doesn't look tron-ish anymore. He also said I should have something that signified what the opposite color currently is. For instance if the ship is red, blue should be highlighted in some way to give the player a small reminder. This should also help players become comfortable with the controls while they are still learning the game.

He also mentioned that the level tip should show up again when a level is restarted, either intentionally or after a crash. Since it is only two simple clicks to clear the tip and start the level, and really shouldn't be too much of a burden. There was also nothing that told you what to do after you crashed. A simple touch anywhere on the screen resets the level, but I hadn't explained that to the player. Also, I wanted the player's zoom settings to stay the same when a level was restarted. These are all implemented now.

I also took the time today to recreate the logo. If anyone hadn't noticed, the logo I made last time actually has a bit of a problem. The yellow circle is bigger than the other circles:


So I fixed it and made the following:



While I could not for the life of me get the impression effect on the colors again, I am fairly happy with how it looks. It sort of amazes me to think that a couple months ago this was my logo:



I believe that's the majority of todays work. I would post some more screenshots but we have a pretty heavy thunderstorm rolling over right now and I have everything shutdown and unplugged, so I'll get some more up tomorrow. In the meantime, happy coding.

No comments:

Post a Comment