Thursday, July 8, 2010

Week Two / Day Three

Today was a basically a half day since I spent most of the afternoon out having lunch with my Dad, but I still managed to make progress. O'Reilly hasn't written me back yet, so I'm still on hold with continuing with the graphics. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, as I now have no choice but to to work on the test bed getting some of the core technologies working just how I want them. Today was pretty trig heavy, testing my abilities to move about different coordinate planes in order (semi) efficiently calculate different angles I'm using in my game. I've got a very basic version of touch input tied to main player control, as well as the basics of the accelerometer control. I won't say exactly what it is I'm doing now, but I will say implementation is progressing well with the vision I had for the over all feel over the game. I have quite a bit of physics to brush up on. I'm not sure I ever learned about rigid body kinematics, which requires taking into account mass of an object and not only tracking and adjust velocity and acceleration as a particle but its angular velocity, inertia and momentum as well. It sounds a lot worse than it is, and I'm guessing what I'll be needing is 100 lines of code or less; just need to figure out what those 100 lines are.

Tomorrow will just be a continuation of today's work. While I have the interface connected to player control, it isn't 'exactly' moving the player. I have a few ideas about the world implementation, that is the surface the game takes place on, but there are still some considerations I have to make, so I'd like to get some of those worked out tomorrow as well. Other than that I'm still just piecing together ideas for the final engine design and waiting to hear back from O'Reilly. Also, I've been thinking for months about two names. Project and Studio. You'll know when I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment