Monday, July 12, 2010

Week Three / Day One

Things have changed, once again.

Yesterday while reading iPhone Game Development there was a section on novelty apps. Apps that don't really have a purpose, they are just meant to be a fun "trick" app that you show people and than forget about really. Well, I hadn't planned on doing a novelty app, because I'm not really sure how I feel about them. I like the idea of a true game, something that you can play and get better at, that people will get hooked to. On the other hand, I myself have gotten stuck on websites that weren't for any particular purpose, they just did something that was neat to play with.

So I decided to make a novelty app.

But only because I realized I already had something that could be used as a novelty app. For graphics Junior year I made a tornado simulator as my final project. Almost all the code was already written (or so I thought), I just had to port it. By last night I had my original code running, and when I finished today I had a landscape with some shapes and the ability to move the tornado around via the accelerometer. I have a lot of work to do with the tornado, as its flow and shape just aren't quite right yet, but it's coming together rather well. Hopefully this will only take a few weeks to fully implement and I can meet my original goal of September 1st for having something on the app store, while my original game will hit the back burner for the time being.


No comments:

Post a Comment